What should I buy next?

This forum relates to Announcements, News and General Discussion of SSG products.

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby flick » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:13 am

Okay, unless I found a decent second hand price, I won't be buying anything. I'm on a budget and there is no way, I'm paying 40 pounds for a game from 2005.

I really like these games, but the prices seem unfair. I guess I'm off to trawl through ebay!
flick
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Joe » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:33 am

flick wrote:Battles in italy makes the most sense, frankly.

But how is Battlefront so different from the others?

I wrote a mini review some time ago. I just bumped the thread.

Look in the Battlefront forum below.

-
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Abwehr » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:53 pm

I agree that the prices remain high, even years after release, which might discourage future sales, especially if SSG releases the stock BiI scenarios for free as updates for Kharkov.

A price cut for the DBWWII series would go along way to increasing the amount of customers, I'd guess.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby flick » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:56 pm

We're in a recession and to be honest, 40 pounds is a lot of money to me. For that money I could buy five albums or DVD's.

I don't enjoy scrabbling around websites, looking for second hand copy's bytw, I'd love to just buy it fresh from the source.
flick
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Gregor Whiley » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:55 pm

flick wrote:We're in a recession and to be honest, 40 pounds is a lot of money to me. For that money I could buy five albums or DVD's.

I don't enjoy scrabbling around websites, looking for second hand copy's bytw, I'd love to just buy it fresh from the source.

I would suggest that the best buy would be Kharkov. It will be the basis for all our future releases. We'll be releasing Across the Dnepr as a scenario pack for Kharkov, so it will be a monster scenario for a very reasonable price, and will include for free an updated version of Operation Husky from BII. The other BII scenarios will follow, also free, as time permits.

Gregor
Gregor Whiley
Vice President, SSG
www.ssg.com.au
Gregor Whiley
SSG

Postby flick » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:35 am

I see your point, but BII still has many more fan-made battles than Kharkov.
I buy a game a month anyway, so I can just buy both :wink:
flick
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Strax » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:45 pm

Joe wrote:Of the 4 that come with the game, Market Garden and Gazala are very good!

I have PBEM'd both, many times.

Of the user made scenarios, Stalingrad and Operation Crusader are good and if you like monster scenarios, Prokhorovka (Kursk) is for you!

-

Never played Crusader but Stalingrad, sorry to the designer, is terribly balanced in favour of the Germans. I didn't like Gazala to start with but it's really grown on me and OMG is very good.

EDIT: The Kursk for BF is a monster alright. I've never got to an end with it, I would like to, it's so big. Great scenario.
Strax
Major
Major

Postby Noakesy » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:17 pm

Strax wrote:The Kursk for BF is a monster alright. I've never got to an end with it, I would like to, it's so big. Great scenario.

Well, maybe that should be our next one after you've perished at Moscow :D :D :D
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby flick » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:34 am

I'm trying to buy battles in italy via german amazon (it's MUCH cheaper) but it won't let me buy the damn thing.

Do companies in germany not send products abroad? :(
flick
Sergeant
Sergeant

Previous

Return to Announcements/News