HELP

This forum relates to Announcements, News and General Discussion of SSG products.

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

HELP

Postby Strax » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:06 pm

:x :( For some reason my Email account, Yahoo, won't let me send any attachments anymore. This has led to an end to my PBEM.

I do everything I normally do. Go to either the BII, Kharkov, BF or KP file- save email- send and then double click the file to be sent and the go Attach file. It goes through it's normal process of loading a little green bar but then comes up with the Message NO FILE SPECIFIED.

It's not just SSG games it's all files.
Any body any ideas? It was working fine yesterday.
Strax
Major
Major

Postby Noakesy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:08 pm

Does your system not automatically attach the file to the email? When I click the 'big red button' in the top right of the screen to signify "another fine turn complete", I am then asked if I wish to resume or not, and if no the system creates an email with the file attached to it for me to scribble my usual inane comments. Doesn't sound like yours does that? :?
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Majorstar » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:31 am

I just had an email "attachment" problem the other day. Suddenly and inexplicably, pictures and attached files stopped showing up in my emails I was receiving. It turned out that my antivirus software had cryptically begun filtering out all attachments to emails. I went into the settings, unchecked the box that was doing this, and I began receiving pictures and attachments on emails again.

Could the same sort of thing be happening to you? Check your AV settings for what it's excluding from email.
Majorstar
New Recruit

Postby Talos » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:44 am

I don't suppose your account has reached its size limit in terms of what it can handle? Maybe need to delete a few older mails and attachments either in the sent or received folders to make some space.
Talos
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: HELP

Postby JSS » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:19 am

Strax wrote::x :( For some reason my Email account, Yahoo, won't let me send any attachments anymore. This has led to an end to my PBEM.

I do everything I normally do. Go to either the BII, Kharkov, BF or KP file- save email- send and then double click the file to be sent and the go Attach file. It goes through it's normal process of loading a little green bar but then comes up with the Message NO FILE SPECIFIED.

It's not just SSG games it's all files.
Any body any ideas? It was working fine yesterday.

Went thru something similar once with yahoo. Check to see if your version of yahoo has changed (i.e. now you're using the new high speed beta when you had the standard version yesterday). Once I got the versions straight then all was fine.

Could also just be yahoo not working properly. Have seen that too. Give them a day or two.
JSS
Site Admin

Postby Strax » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:12 pm

Thank you all and thanks for the PM Carl. I think JSS is right. Yahoo does occasionally 'throw a funny' and it will probably be fine in a day or 2 but for now I've started a GoogleMail account and that works fine as well as being much faster too.
Strax
Major
Major

Postby CESteman » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:25 am

gmail has issues too. Sometimes it's hard to get your emails that you select to load. Problem usually goes away in a few days.
Image ImageImageImage
CESteman
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Return to Announcements/News