Board Enhancements

This forum relates to Announcements, News and General Discussion of SSG products.

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Keith » Sun May 23, 2004 4:02 am

Rob, thanks for the clarification. Independence (and control) is valuable, understandably, at least as long as out-of-pocket costs are manageable. And, even if that point ever is reached, in your shoes, I'd think twice before moving to a subscription model. As you say, SSG might support you, in part, because Run5 is good for them. And I daresay that we too might also support Run5 volunarily, because it's good for us. Anyway, that's for the future.

On the job front, I can only report that one of my brothers moved (from DC) to Sydney a couple years back. And I used to travel there and to Melbourne about 4 times per year. Based on these experiences, I think it's easy to conclude that the chance of you being interested in a job where I am (New York City) is near-zero -- or at least it should be.

Thanks again.
Keith
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Twinkle » Sun May 23, 2004 9:40 pm

Thanks for all the board improvements, I know I have posted this at some other place, but I wanted to do it at the proper place as well.

It is really appreciated.
/twinkle
Twinkle
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Robjess » Sun May 23, 2004 10:05 pm

ALL USERS PLEASE READ THIS POST!

Ok I have completed all of the Major Board Enhancements for the time being. I have enabled the File Attachment System, so you should now see a new Add an Attachment window at the bottom of the page when you post messages.

Note, the only files you should be uploading are KP Save Game files or PBEM - that you may want to share with other users. The uploading of any other files at this stage is in breach of Run5 Forum Rules.

Which leads me to the new Board Rules. I would ask that EVERYONE please take 5 minutes to read Board Rules - esp the part titled Run5 Board Rules. Continuing your account with Run5 means that you agree with these rules. Dont be worried there is nothing sneaky in there.. infact its all the rules that we have previously discussed in the Forums. I just wanted to get them all in one place, so none could say that they didnt know about them.

The Rules can be viewed be selecting the Board Rules link from the menu on top, or by going here: http://robjess.com/forum/rules.php

Please read them now.

Back to File attachments, if for some reason you want to/need to upload or attach a file other then a SAV game or PBEM game file, then please Private Message me or Email me. If you can put a strong enough case forward and so long as it poses no security risk I will probably allow it. But check with me first.

If you want to upload an Image or a screen dump - then do this via the Album link that is up the top on the menu also. Dont upload images within the forums, unless you are doing an AAR. And even then you will need to check with me first so that I can provide you with the appropriate permissions.

Phew! The reason I have these restrictions on these new features is mostly just so I can keep an eye on the bandwidth and size of the forums. Im a reasonable old chap and if you really want to do something, or have a good idea then let me know..
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Do not boast rule

Postby Carl Myers » Mon May 24, 2004 1:24 am

Boast, boast, boast, boast.
Carl Myers
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby JSS » Mon May 24, 2004 6:13 am

robjess wrote:Pterrok I hope the counter adds another Zero! And yes the smellchecker doesnt address me NOW and NOT issues :)

Well some lucky chap visited for the 100k time! Checking in this morning it was already up to 100334 :D
JSS
Site Admin

Postby Robjess » Fri May 28, 2004 6:51 pm

I have introduced a fix which should stop messages being resized and therefore scrolling horizontally when a medium size image is displayed in a post (this mostly effects AAR's).

Hopefully this will make the board a little bit more browser friendly.. but please let me know if its introduces any additional problems (in other words if you notice formatting problems let me know).
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Robjess » Fri May 28, 2004 11:21 pm

I have been playing :) There is a new scheme (or skin) available for the forums. Its called, whatelse but, Run5. You can select the new Scheme via the Board Style setting in your Profile. You can access your profile from the top menu.

Im happy to make additional schemes/skins if people want.. so if you have any suggestions or feedback lemme know..

Infact I was considering doing the following themes:

Blue - German
Green - USA
Red - Russian

Any other ideas?
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Lee Elmendorf » Sat May 29, 2004 12:13 am

Pink - French
ImageImage Image
Lee Elmendorf
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Robjess » Sun May 30, 2004 11:35 am

This email relates to everyone who is displaying their medals as part of their sig.

Due to recent upgrades to the Forums, you will need to now change the reference to the medal images in your sigs, you need to do this as I will shortly be deleting the old image files from the old BBS.

For each medal that you are show casing you need to change the following code:

Code: Select all
[img]http://www.robjess.com/bbs/images/Medals/Medel-Name.gif[/img]

By changing the BBS part to FORUM. Your new code should look something like this:

Code: Select all
[img]http://www.robjess.com/forum/images/Medals/Medel-Name.gif[/img]

You will know that it has successfully worked, if after you make the changes, you can still see your medals in any posts that have your sig attached.

Please also report all bad or old links to me so that I can update them.. I know there are a few, but I dont have the time to go searching for them, so as you come across them just let me know.. thanks..
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Lee Elmendorf » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:49 pm

Looks like you're experimenting with colors at the moment. FWIW that yellow for the names is very hard to see.
ImageImage Image
Lee Elmendorf
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Robjess » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:51 pm

Yep.. yellow is gone.. I have to balance the colours between the (current) two different styles. Enough for tonight though.. I better have my turn in the BiN AAR..
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Dont you hate it..

Postby Robjess » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:28 am

Errors.. on the Forums.. its gives you an indication that I am working on something under the hood.. it just gives me the shits :)
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Manny » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:46 pm

Free laxative ? :lol:
Manny
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Robjess » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:47 pm

Inuendo - the spanish suppository :)
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

This was a private message attempt to panzmatt

Postby Manny » Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:56 pm

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : /home/robjess/public_html/forum/includes/emailer.php
Last edited by Manny on Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manny
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements/News