Run 5 Community Policies - Important Announcement

This forum relates to Announcements, News and General Discussion of SSG products.

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Run 5 Community Policies - Important Announcement

Postby Gregor Whiley » Tue May 23, 2006 4:13 pm

Certain matters within the Run 5 community have reached an unfortunate situation, with accusations and commentary getting somewhat ahead of itself. It has become necessary to make a clear statement about what is and isn't acceptable on these forums and in tournament play.

Firstly, there will be no public accusations or inferences regarding cheating. Such accusations require the accused to prove their innocence, a situation that has long been recognised as unjust. Anybody with an accusation and evidence should email it to support@ssg.com.au and it will be considered.

Secondly, breach of the above policy will result in deletion of any offending posts, along with a warning. A second offence will result in banning from the forums.

I have already deleted a few posts which I felt have overstepped the mark. People might feel aggrieved about this. All I can say is that if you wanted a patient, tolerant and even handed moderator, you should have been nicer to Rob Gjessing, so he stayed in the job!

While I have your attention, let me emphasize that we are serious about looking at suspect games. If we feel that something is wrong, we will take summary action. If this is unacceptable, then please don't take part in tournament games.

As a veteran of numerous online forums, starting with bulletin boards accessed through a 300 baud acoustic coupler, I have always felt very proud of the levels of civility and thoughtfulness displayed in the Run 5 forums. In my experience they are well above those on display in most communities, and it is in all our interests for this to continue. I'm sure it can.

Thanks

Gregor
Gregor Whiley
Vice President, SSG
www.ssg.com.au
Gregor Whiley
SSG

Postby Kingpin » Wed May 24, 2006 12:10 am

:arrow:
Last edited by Kingpin on Sat May 27, 2006 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kingpin
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Run 5 Community Policies - Important Announcement

Postby Howard7x » Wed May 24, 2006 8:29 am

Kingpin wrote:I just don't see the point of ignoring the elephant in the room.

Where is this elephant?... and what colour is it?

Seriously, i did't ignore it, i just didn't see it!!?? :lol:
Never, ever.... ever again!

Image ImageImageImageImage
Howard7x
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Gregor Whiley » Wed May 24, 2006 2:01 pm

Kingpin,

Your post was deleted because, in my opinion, it contained inferences or accusations which violated the already announced ban on such accusations. As I think I've already made clear, I'd rather not have this job, but my hand has been forced. I'm sure that if you have things that you need to say, you can say them in an acceptable fashion.

The fact that posts have been deleted should not be seen as a reproach, it just reflects the fact that a line had to be drawn. Again, I'm sure that Rob would be able to take a more measured approach, but I just don't have the time to explain and conciliate every decision.

Regarding your question, the position is as follows.

I have no proof of cheating in the game.
I have no evidence of cheating in the game.

I'm aware of accusations and I'm doing my best to determine if there is any basis whatsoever to these accusations.

Gregor
Gregor Whiley
Vice President, SSG
www.ssg.com.au
Gregor Whiley
SSG

Postby JSS » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:42 pm

This policy remains fully in effect. No public accusations of cheating.

JSS Run5 Admin
JSS
Site Admin

Postby sorcerer » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:44 pm

Sure no ''accusations'' of cheating. :wink:

However, Fantassin was ''removed'' from the TAO4 tournament final. Despite this on the PBEM ladder Fantassin has recorded it as an overwhelming victory for himself over Tempest.

That entry should be corrected, changing to an overwhelming victory for Tempest.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
sorcerer
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Kingpin » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:39 am

sorcerer wrote:Sure no ''accusations'' of cheating. :wink:

However, Fantassin was ''removed'' from the TAO4 tournament final. Despite this on the PBEM ladder Fantassin has recorded it as an overwhelming victory for himself over Tempest.

That entry should be corrected, changing to an overwhelming victory for Tempest.

Has anyone seen my buddy Carl Myers lately?
Kingpin
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Gen Alexandra » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:49 am

Well not seen him exactly, but he e-mails me every night with his move, which kills me off even more !!!!!! - Otherwise he posted in another forum just today.
Gen Alexandra
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby stevel40831 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:55 am

Check out Islanders post in the Battlefront forum - double dice... classic stuff! Almost makes me want to close the hatch and do battle again. :lol:

Steve

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out."

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
stevel40831
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Kingpin » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:19 am

stevel40831 wrote:Check out Islanders post in the Battlefront forum - double dice... classic stuff! Almost makes me want to close the hatch and do battle again. :lol:

Steve

I read it. Who else came back?
Kingpin
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Return to Announcements/News