NEW LADDER!!!

This forum relates to Announcements, News and General Discussion of SSG products.

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby pterrok » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:12 am

OK thewolf, you have your two wins back! :P
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Noakesy » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:25 pm

I think the new ladder is great, but something seems to have happened to my results. Ok, I've taken a thrashing from Robjess and PeteAU recently :( , and have lost I think 5 games in total, but I've won 2, yet one of them has disappeared from my scores and I've slumped down the ladder from c.40-50 to c.70-80? Any ideas?

Thanks
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pterrok » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:37 am

Joe--in the wrong thread! wrote:“This background shows games are worth 80 Rank points maximum to this player.”

At the ladder home page, there is a menu item called “Rules” and then search for the “Scoring Matrix”.

Here the highest possible score is 27.

How do I score 80 points?

-

Well, I had just completely forgotten to update the rules page so it was showing the old ladder stuff. You need to read this pdf for a full explanation of the Ranking system.

To score 80 points YOU, (Joe that is) basically have to play Fantassin and beat him Overwhelmingly! This is because the Rank difference between you says you have an almost 0% chance of winning and so would get the full pot of points.

When you look at the played games, just look at the right hand side to see what the starting ranks were and what they changed to and you can get an idea of how it changes.

Noakesy, your game has been fixed and the recalc run!
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fantassin » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:11 pm

In the Standings page we can read :
15 or more wins in a row earns a player a Hot medal.
5 or more wins in a row earns a player a Hot medal.

The earned medal in the first sentence should be a MoH.
Fantassin
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Cpt. Feathersword » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:11 pm

Hey, I just realized I won 5 in a row and can display the 5 win hot streak medal, what's the code for that?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Cpt. Feathersword
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pterrok » Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:17 am

Cpt. Feathersword wrote:Hey, I just realized I won 5 in a row and can display the 5 win hot streak medal, what's the code for that?

Um did you READ the email you got when you submitted your wins? The one where you earned it has some details in there saying you won a Hot Medal and what to put in your Profile.

OR you could read the thread below this one in this forum.

OR you could right-click on someone else's Hot Medal and go to properties to grab the URL.

OR you could go to... :lol:

(I'm not bitter because I STILL haven't earned one myself, you understand. :cry: )

I meant to have the line read Very Hot medal since it was going to be generic; I'll change it to be Medal of Honor when I get in there next...
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Cpt. Feathersword » Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:07 am

Sorry Pterrok :oops: , I did right click someone else's and figured it out with some additional help.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Cpt. Feathersword
Colonel
Colonel

Postby sorcerer » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:27 pm

Any news on when the ladder will be back up? I have two wins to report and some more to come.. :P
Image Image Image Image Image Image
sorcerer
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby pterrok » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:22 pm

It's actually out of my hands at this point--SSG is having trouble with their ftp access and I can't get in to put the ladder back up!

So everyone save your game results and when the ladder does come back, enter them in the order that you finished them...
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pterrok » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:06 am

Ladder back up!

Fixed a bug where the delta ranks for subsets of game lists was wrong because it was also counting inactivated game results.
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Noakesy » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:32 pm

Can you fix the bug that makes me sink down the table just because I keep losing? :wink:
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Papa Smurf » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:18 pm

Can you fix the bug that makes me sink down the table just because I keep losing?

I can also reproduce this bug. Please fix :wink:

Current games:

Papa Smurf
Captain
Captain

Postby pterrok » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:38 am

Alas, this bug hits me too, but I can't seem to do anything about it! :lol:

Perhaps you two ought to get together and play a few games; that way at least ONE of you should see less of this bug! :P
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Joel137 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:56 am

pterrok:

I've been away on vacation while all this got up and running. I just want to thank you for all the work of implementation of the ranking scheme.

I hope to see you getting some sort of distinguished service cross :)

Joel
Joel137
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Arckon » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:41 pm

Hey Pterrok,

Just went to report a game on ladder for Rommel MOB on BII page however there is not a listing for it.

I realise your work on the ladder probably consumed a lot of your free-time, but would be appreciated if this can be added in when you have some spare time over the next few weeks.

Now lets see...... the odds that Pterrok will do this within 4 weeks is..."hours divided by weeks subtract seconds multiplied by the factor of pi and added to the time it takes the sun to revolve around....... aaaarh darn it I am just not good with stats. :)
Arckon
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements/News