NEW LADDER!!!

This forum relates to Announcements, News and General Discussion of SSG products.

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby pterrok » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:38 am

Yeah, yeah. When we have some more data, drill-downs will be added to the Games Played page so you see stuff on the individual scenarios. And I had added some instructions to the reporting page when I allowed Fantassin to report his negotiated concession. (And fixed the MoH bug right afterwards!)

Twinkle, as for clicking to sort in the opposite order--:roll: I would think you would like to have the "Tournament Master" module added before I code something you can duplicate by going to the bottom of the list and scrolling up! :lol:

I'm surprised that no one has wanted the sorted columns to also be sorted on Rank, so that you can see at a glance, for example, who the highest ranked 10 game winner is. I'll tell you I'D like this, but the array_multisort function doesn't seem to want to work when one of the arrays is a multidimensional array, so this'll have to wait until I kludge it up by throwing it into a temporary single dimension array just to sort it...

And let me just state here again if you're only reading these last messages: Go ahead and suggest anything you want to see for the ladder. Things that are easy to do or that strike my fancy or that get a lot of popular support will probably be implemented quicker. If left to my own devices I'll be going my own way at my own pace. (Said pace determined by how fast my opponents turn around my tourny games!)
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Postby stevel40831 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:50 am

Great job on the ladder pterrok!

I see that Fantassin and myself have a light grey background on our stats line... what does that signify? Thanks!

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out."

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
stevel40831
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby pterrok » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:02 am

Go all the way down to the bottom of the standings page to read the legend... :roll: (I know, I know, your name is right at the top so you never looked down there!)

:lol:

It simply means that you are in the second band of Ranks where your games are based on 60 points instead of 80 points. When--I mean IF--someone gets to 5000 then the max will be 40 points for a game. This help prevents 'rank creep' by beating up on significantly lower ranked players. (It's a shame that Tempest never entered all his wins on this ladder and that Fantassin had to lose rank points for a Marginal win against him as a consequence!)

BTW, I added in an adjustment to take that banding into account when calculating the delta ranks on all but the main page, so it's closer still to being a true rank if you add 2000 to it.
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Joe » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:58 am

I'm at the bottom of the ladder. If I play somebody at the top and lose, do my own points rise, fall or remain steady?

-
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Twinkle » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:02 am

pterrok wrote:(It's a shame that Tempest never entered all his wins on this ladder and that Fantassin had to lose rank points for a Marginal win against him as a consequence!)

Why?, it just proves that the ladder works as intended as Tempest probably should be ranked closer to Fantassins value then not, and now they got closer in ranking. Note that Fantassin only lost 9 points while Tempest gained 12, and that both these values of points are insignificant in the longer run.

Joe: someone getting a overwhelming win will always get a few plus points, but you probably go up in ranking on any other result against a top ranked player.

Pterrok: I figure that I should ask for the easy things to implement before all else... :)

Regards
/twinkle
Twinkle
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby JeF » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:15 am

Hi all,

pterrok wrote:Yeah, yeah. When we have some more data, drill-downs will be added to the Games Played page so you see stuff on the individual scenarios. And I had added some instructions to the reporting page when I allowed Fantassin to report his negotiated concession. (And fixed the MoH bug right afterwards!)

Fixed something in the "Report a result" recently ?

I reported game 716 this week and I guess I misunderstood the "conceded to" radio button as I ended up with a Win, instead of a Loss.

I emailed Robjess about it, but I think I just have just come here. Do you need more details ? I'll send them in private to not bother anybody.

And let me just state here again if you're only reading these last messages: Go ahead and suggest anything you want to see for the ladder. Things that are easy to do or that strike my fancy or that get a lot of popular support will probably be implemented quicker.

Can I suggest a kind of acknowledgement system, where one player reports the result and the second acknoweldge it ? This way the second one can verify what's happening and have a wrongly reported game cancelled.

Thanks,

JeF.
JeF
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby pterrok » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:35 am

You and your opponent should be getting emails whenever one of you enters a game result--if either one of you just replies to it to let me know it got screwed up somehow I'll fix it! (Hmmm, on game #716 hitting reply would go to Robjess--the new erones go to me!)

You should also be reading the page where you get to review the info before submitting it--make sure it's all OK before sending!

Anyway, PM me exactly what the result should be and it'll get fixed...
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Twinkle » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:21 am

well the conceding dots to press are located at very confusing locations, I found myself conceding during a lot of previews until I manage to press the correct one... maybe some added text could be nice, i.e. 'You concede' and 'Opponent concede'.

And make it always go to the review page before submitting...

Regards
/twinkle ;)
Twinkle
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Cpt. Feathersword » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:26 am

As Twinklle says, the layout for reporting a game could be made clearer, it is somehwat confusing and hit and miss until you figure it out.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Cpt. Feathersword
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pterrok » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:11 am

Fine, I'll put the button right up by the players names...

As it turns out, though, the bug is that the LOSING player reported the game. It switches them around. Or else it's the routine that I use to recalculate the ranks when I have to edit a game result--which I HAVE run recently--may be switching them around...

I haven't fixed it yet, but I know this is where I have to look. There were 4 games reported: 716, 699, 696 & 695 where the email I got said the player lost but where they are now showing up as the winner...

I'll post when I get a chance to fix it and run the recalculator...

PS--sorry about that, thewolf, two of those were you're games that are going to get switched to losses!
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pterrok » Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:31 am

Fixed the big bug where if the LOSING player reported the game that things got all mixed up! Fixed games 716, 699, 696, & 695 to be what I got in my copy of the confirmation email--let me know if they're right now! Recalculated the ranks after fixing the results. Made the reporting page a bit clearer on who is conceding (I hope) and reporting by the loser should work correctly now.

:oops: After running the recalc I noticed that all the score and concession info was NOT being kept by that script--so I'll enter it all back in and fix the recalc code and post here when I'm finished...DONE!
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Postby thewolf » Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:26 am

Oh which two are these? I know I've only beenn in four matches, two I lost badly, and two I won, so make sure you have me losing the right matches!
ImageImage
TheWolf,

Winner of his FIRST Tornament match!

Current Matches
1: Burma as allies Vs Trojan
thewolf
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby pterrok » Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:42 am

thewolf, go to the ladder and click on the Players link then find your name and see what in the ladder for your played games and victories--then get back to me to make them what they SHOULD be if they aren't right! :lol:
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Postby thewolf » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:51 am

pterrok wrote:thewolf, go to the ladder and click on the Players link then find your name and see what in the ladder for your played games and victories--then get back to me to make them what they SHOULD be if they aren't right! :lol:

OK games 695 & 696 were wins to me, Sakura lost his computer and the games had to end there.

The Wolf
ImageImage
TheWolf,

Winner of his FIRST Tornament match!

Current Matches
1: Burma as allies Vs Trojan
thewolf
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby JeF » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:58 pm

pterrok wrote:Fixed the big bug where if the LOSING player reported the game that things got all mixed up! Fixed games 716, 699, 696, & 695 to be what I got in my copy of the confirmation email--let me know if they're right now! Recalculated the ranks after fixing the results. Made the reporting page a bit clearer on who is conceding (I hope) and reporting by the loser should work correctly now.

You mean that it was not my fault ? The only mistake I did was to loose that game... :x

BTW, shit happens. In public, whenever possible. Keep up the good work. It is always nice to see a living ladder.

This is now fixed. Thanks for the support.

JeF.
JeF
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements/News