No Need To Remember Serial Numbers - Register At Matrix

This forum relates to Announcements, News and General Discussion of SSG products.

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

No Need To Remember Serial Numbers - Register At Matrix

Postby AlexS » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:50 pm

All,

With the majority of our products now being direct downloaded, the patches are now requiring serial numbers in order to help prevent piracy. For games ordered a long time ago, remembering where you saved this serial number can be a challenge as it is not available anywhere on a disk. You are able to look up the info using credit card numbers, but if you have changed numbers this wont help. There is an easier way to get around the problem.
If you go to the Matrix Games forum, then select "Members" from the top menu, and create a new account you can then register games with them. For example, i can register Battles in Normandy and give them my serial number. At any time in the future, i can then go to the members section, log in, and retrieve my serial numbers via email. They have a strict policy regarding sharing your email address (ie that it will not happen), and if you are super worried, you can always create a hotmail account and use that.

AlexS
AlexS
SSG
AlexS
SSG

Postby Joe » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:38 pm

I use Bill Gates. "Copy" "paste" and "save as" are all geat innovations.

Tomorrow Matrix might die and I still need to record the registration numbers.

Also, registration numbers are required for non-download software. Where are they stored?
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Postby AlexS » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:06 pm

Joe,
I can assure you Matrix Games are better backed up than our users. What happens if your home is subjected to a close lightening strike, destroying your computer and frying your hard disk?
Also, the other games that come via the retail chain dont have serial number requirements on the patches.

There really is no reason I can see not to do it.

AlexS
SSG
AlexS
SSG
AlexS
SSG

Postby panzmatt » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:34 pm

that all works until matrix sight gets a hickup and you are lost in the shuffle, I keep my old confirmation email as a backup
panzmatt
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Joel137 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:33 am

redundancy, redundancy, redundancy

This should be a back-up officers, matra
Joel137
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Announcements/News