Is SSG still alive??

This forum relates to Announcements, News and General Discussion of SSG products.

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Re: Is SSG still alive??

Postby Roger Keating » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:39 am

SSG is a very small company these days and with not a great amount of liquid cash that allows for development. Yes, we are still working and have acquired the help of other individuals to allow us to make the next game. We were developing a new game very similar to the ones you have mentioned but as Ian, our main developer, died 5 years ago we had two new developers who couldn't fulfill the requirements and the development just died a natural death as I certainly have not the abilities to compile the necessary OB's and get them working.

Since then we have re-evaluated all that we have been doing and taken another course which we will release when it is time. I also work part-time as a games programming teacher which also limits the hours to put into the project.

I have always enjoyed the old war games and if things improve I have a lot of ideas about where I would like to go next but at the moment it is just the next step.

Thank you for the kind words and I hope that in the future SSG can in fact release a game that you will like.
Roger Keating
SSG

Re: Is SSG still alive??

Postby U2-fan » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:43 am

Hi Roger

thanks so much for answering. I'm glad there is hope for a new game. Just don't forget that bringing togheter fans who know the editor would mean more games with the SSG brand making money for you and them. It's what John Tiller has been doing for years and just licensed it to a company consisting of guys who had been doing games for him before. If just John Tiller had been doing everything with a very small team there would hardly have been many HPS/John Tiller Games games. Guys like JSS, Brubaker and so on could create marvelous scenarios that could be sold as add-ons. Win-win, surely?

Anyway, I wish you the best and I will be waiting patiently.

I would like to start scenario making myself and was wondering if anyone know anything about creating maps. Please write here or PM me.

Cheers
Dan
U2-fan
Private
Private

Previous

Return to Announcements/News