Overlord Tournament

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game of Battles in Normandy?

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Robjess » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:47 pm

All players will get a medal..
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Manny » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:25 pm

Robjess wrote:Hey you know what it means when we announce and open up registrations for the Tournament dont you? :)

Ok, so where do I buy it ? (I'm amazed no-one realised what you where hinting at !!)

And yes, I'm in and no I don't mind if the testers/SSG play as I just want the medal *drool* :twisted: :twisted:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

My BiN Profile
"Modesty is not a virtue; it is useful only as a curb for youthful indescretion" - The Ethics of Aristotle

Games in progress

Manny
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Graf Starhemberg » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:10 pm

Sure, let them play...

Btw you beta testers, are you still practising, erhm, I mean testing?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Graf Starhemberg
Major
Major

Postby Robjess » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:16 pm

Ok Registrations are now open for the Overlord (Battles in Normandy) First Release Tournament (phew!).

Details of the Tournament are as follows:

The Tournament is scheduled to commence when Battles in Normandy is released (which will be very shortly). Brackets will be determined based upon the number of players who register. Register early to ensure your spot.

Scenario setttings are as followings:

Scenario: Overlord (Battles in Normandy)
BiN Version: 1.00
Weather: Normal
Combat Advisor: On
Security: On
Replay: On
Unknown Units: Off
All other settings are Normal

You should not register to enter this Tournament unless you are expect to purchase Battles in Normandy soon after its release. Players who register to play in this tournament but do not purchase the game may be removed at the Tournament Masters discretion to make way for other players who do purchase the game promptly and wish to take part in the tournament.

Twinkle has been designated Tournament Master for this Tournament. To Register, send an email to Twinkle at :

stn@crl.nitech.ac.jp

and provide the following information:

Put "Overlord Tournament" in the subject field of the email.
Your Real Name
Your Run5 Forum Name
Your Run5 Combat Leagues Ladder Name
Your Email address that you want the tournament PBEM files sent to.

Run5 Medals will be awarded for participation in this Tournament. A new Tour of Duty medal will be created and made available shortly.

Other rules and things you should be aware of:

- All players must be registered on the Run5 Combat Leagues Ladder
- All games must be based upon the most recent patch available at the commencement of each Round (so in other words if a new patch is made available mid Tournament then all players must adopt and install that new patch when they commence their next round).
- Advancment into Round 2 and subsequent rounds will be based upon the results of the previous round.
- All games must be played in PBEM Security Mode
- All units must be set to hidden
- Combat advisor must be set to on
- All other settings must be set to Normal
- Round 1 opponents will be randomly selected by the Tournament Master/Run5 staff, and once annouced are final
- Subsequent round opponents will be determined by previous round winners
- Players should not register and enter the tournament unless they are able to completed a turn at least each 2-3 days. Preferrably 1 turn a day if possible.
- All players should seek to keep to the above time frames - or Run5 staff/Tournament Master may determine a winner based upon the circumstances of the case if any games are significantly delaying the progress of the Tournament.
- These games are automatically eligible for reporting on the Run5 Combat Leagues Ladder - at the discretion of the winner.
- The winner will be declared Run5 'Overlord' Champ.. until the next Tournament.

Note that Battles in Normandy introduces a new feature called PBEM Profiles. Profiles enable you to store the PBEM setting for yourself and your PBEM buddies and then share these profiles with others to facilitate the setting up of PBEM games. We will use the new profiles features as part of this tournament. Further instructions will be provided closer to the commencement of Tournament games in relation to how to set up and share your email profile.

In addition to this Battles in Normandy also introduces a new PBEM Tournament mode which enables the Tournament Master to create and issue PBEM games to bracket players.. meaning that first turn players will no longer be able to recomence their first turn until they are satisfied with the results.

NB: Tournament mode also introduces some new neat features like seeding random weather settings across all games within a Tournament (we will not be using this feature for this tournament though as Historical weather settings will be used).
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby stevel40831 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:43 pm

I'm in...

Let them play, however, they should be forced to drink lots of alcohol before taking each turn and they must allow their cats to walk across their keyboards while they're making critical moves. :D This combination of alcohol and cats can make for interesting tactical situations... well, that's what someone told me... um, it's never happened to me.... pwaerawpeifa23w3jrawoiefosnf8esonj, damned cat....

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out."

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
stevel40831
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Twinkle » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:10 am

Send me a mail, and you are in!

I wouldn't mind to get some help from my cat so if anyone want to transport her from Sweden to Japan... :)
Twinkle
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby hank » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:23 am

I'M IN !!!

HOpefully it will the blind playing the blind.

Hank
hank
Major
Major

Postby Joss » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:33 am

I'm in. Email has been sent!

Now bring on the GAME! :D
Regards,

Joss

Postby Islander » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:49 am

I'm in as well. Email has been sent.

So it's about to arrive?

I say let everyone play.

As previously posted, maybe all testers should be on one side of the bracket, so the final would have to have at least 1 non ringer. :)

How many people are there with Bin experience anyway?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Islander
Captain
Captain

Postby panzmatt » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:29 am

I'm in, yeh my first tourny.. I'll have to figure out this medal thing
panzmatt
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby chris miller » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:09 am

You're not alone panzmatt. I'm in as well, and I am going to get my butt kicked. But that's ok, as long as I get a medal?
chris miller
Major
Major

Postby aysi » Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:34 am

the game must be close now,got the cable just in time

no problems with the beta testers playing

hopefully i will make the second round in this one.....fat chance
aysi
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Robjess » Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:39 am

Ok to even the field up here is a list of everyone who has already had exposure to the game (some to greater degrees than others)

Troutie, Gregor, Roger, AlexS, Robjess, Chris Merchant, JSS, Tempest, Matt Urch, Brubaker, Tempest, Twinkle. There were a few others too but I dont expect they will want to play in the tournament - nor will everyone listed here,,, like me.. I wont be playing :(
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby SlapBone » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:45 pm

My very first post on this forum is to state that I'm in. I will be glad to retrieve my ass from whomever is going to hand it to me.
SlapBone
Private
Private

Postby Maxblaster » Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:36 pm

registration sent and waiting for D-day...
Image Image Image
Maxblaster
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Battles in Normandy Play By Email (PBEM)