MacArthur - Master of Battle Tournament

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game of Battles in Normandy?

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Fantassin » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:01 pm

JSS wrote: (I think the Americans have a slight advantage in the tournament version).

:roll: Well ... playing the disadvantaged side against the scenario designer will require some skills. :?
Fantassin
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Robjess » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:38 am

Hows the game going guys?
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby JSS » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:05 pm

Robjess wrote:Hows the game going guys?

Go ahead and advance Fantassin.
JSS
Site Admin

Postby Robjess » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:30 am

New game issued..
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Fantassin » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:18 am

Got it. Japanese again! :roll: This is some kind of punishment to the offensive player I am :(
Fantassin
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby stevel40831 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:39 am

Good luck Fantassin! Not that you need it though... :wink:

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out."

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
stevel40831
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Fantassin » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:44 am

Thanks SteveL. Seeing the ridiculous number of attack the Japanese are able to make in this scenario, I would say that my good luck can only equal your bad luck. :wink:
Fantassin
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby stevel40831 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:39 am

Need a quick answer on something if anyone can remember... I'm playing as the Allies v.s. Fanatassin in the finals and have units moving via sea-transport and I can't get them to function properly after landing. They unload ok but still show the sea-transport symbol and will not function as normal land units! I need all the help I can get against Fantassin and it's important that I get these guys into action... does anyone remember how to do this? Seems like there was some trick to it....

Thanks!

Steve

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out."

stevel40831
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby JSS » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:17 am

stevel40831 wrote:Need a quick answer on something if anyone can remember... I'm playing as the Allies v.s. Fanatassin in the finals and have units moving via sea-transport and I can't get them to function properly after landing. They unload ok but still show the sea-transport symbol and will not function as normal land units! I need all the help I can get against Fantassin and it's important that I get these guys into action... does anyone remember how to do this? Seems like there was some trick to it....

Thanks!

Steve

If they start turn on a road, they can waste a turn by using a motor mode transport... next turn they're back to normal.
JSS
Site Admin

Postby Fantassin » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:30 am

stevel40831 wrote: I need all the help I can get against Fantassin and it's important that I get these guys into action... does anyone remember how to do this? Seems like there was some trick to it....

Eh! I too need all the help I can get against Stevel40831 ... Does anyone know a trick to get a submarine to sink that bloody battleship ? :wink:
Fantassin
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby stevel40831 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:56 am

JSS wrote:
stevel40831 wrote:Need a quick answer on something if anyone can remember... I'm playing as the Allies v.s. Fanatassin in the finals and have units moving via sea-transport and I can't get them to function properly after landing. They unload ok but still show the sea-transport symbol and will not function as normal land units! I need all the help I can get against Fantassin and it's important that I get these guys into action... does anyone remember how to do this? Seems like there was some trick to it....

Thanks!

Steve

If they start turn on a road, they can waste a turn by using a motor mode transport... next turn they're back to normal.

Thanks for the quick response... will give that a shot.

Steve

stevel40831
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby stevel40831 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:34 am

Well, another thumping by the mighty Fantassin! I just conceeded our match and he it the champ yet again. Very good game Fantassin, congrats on another great tournament!

Steve

stevel40831
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Fantassin » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:05 pm

Thanks Steve, it was a very interesting game.

Japanese heroes of the battle were :

1) Engineers of the 20th Division.
They held Mt Hero ridge #2 (the northern one) while the US 11 Airborne stormed Mt Hero summit and captured it at Day+5. They later overrunned the out of supply artillery assets of that enemy division and finally retook Mt Hero ridge #1 and Summit at Day+18/19. Hidden stockpiled supplies there allowed them to hold the peak against repeated paras assaults. Ten days later, with only half their forces and barely enough munitions for a last combat, they were still in control of the position.

2) 1st Batalion of the 77th Regiment - 20 Division
Initial defenders of Seaport Town. While almost completely surrounded they heroically defended that town against two assaults. They were finally chased out of it at Day+9. Out of supply, they however survived and escaped two pursuing enemy batalions for twenty more days. Only the intervention of two other enemy formation lead to their final destruction. During this twenty days trip, they were able to retake control of the Village of the Rising Sun for one day, reopen the east supply depot and inflict about three times more damage than they took.
Fantassin
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Robjess » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:52 am

Congrats to the winner, runner up and all players who entered the Tournament.

Medal information is available from the medal thread:

http://ssg.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=381
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Previous

Return to Battles in Normandy Play By Email (PBEM)