BIN Breakout Tournament

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game of Battles in Normandy?

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

A sea of red

Postby Carl Myers » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:45 am

Hey, let's just play it out to it to the conclusion, 20 turns of sitzkrieg.
Carl Myers
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Robjess » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:52 am

OK the new setup file appears to be working just fine - as it should - free of any Robjess corruption :)

So in the next hour or so I will reissue the Tournament games.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Robjess » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:44 pm

Ok all new Tournament games have now been re-issued to all Allied players. If you have not got your new files or there is a problem with it (my fingers are crossed!) then please let me know.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Got Mine but am on the road

Postby OConnor » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:44 am

Won't be able to start tourney till next weekend as I am working out of town. My appologies to my opponent, but c'est le guerre. Usually am good for a turn per 24 hours when I'm not travelling (about 1 week per month) so we should be back on schedule within a fortnight.
The more corrupt the State, the more numerous the Laws - Tacitus
[img]http://ssg.com.au/forums/images/Medals/TAO.g
if[/img]
OConnor
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Robjess » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:17 pm

OK thats fine.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Manny » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:01 pm

I've sent my first turn to my opponent but he has just advised me his computer has gone into repairs so our game is currently on hold.

I had a reasonable first turn [might post some screenies if I can get back into it :roll: ] with something like 6-8KIAs as the Allies.

What sort of kills are other players getting just so I have some idea if that is bad or good ??
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

My BiN Profile
"Modesty is not a virtue; it is useful only as a curb for youthful indescretion" - The Ethics of Aristotle

Games in progress

Manny
Colonel
Colonel

Postby taiaha » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:37 pm

Manny wrote:I had a reasonable first turn [might post some screenies if I can get back into it :roll: ] with something like 6-8KIAs as the Allies.

What sort of kills are other players getting just so I have some idea if that is bad or good ??

I am playing as the Germans against Thor E. He managed to nail about 11 of my units in his first turn, before i was even able to run away. :cry:

If he keeps that up, I think this might be a short game....
________
Alessandro Volta
Last edited by taiaha on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taiaha
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby pete AU » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:56 pm

Fear not germans

I played a game against the AI germans. It wasn't until turn 10 and 70% of the axis forces were wiped that the allies started to get ahead. The allies have a long way to go and alot of damage to inflict.
History is an argument without end
Projects - Iskra (available to download), Stalingrad Pocket (ver101 finished and available to download), Guadalcanal (map done), Guadalajara (playtesting - volounteers?), Napoleonic Borodino (volounteers?)
ImageImageImageImage Image Image
pete AU
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Robjess » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:23 pm

What Peter says is true.. as the Axis you have the points in your favour.. the Allies really need to kick some serious butt to have any chance of a win. There are only a few major objectives.. Caen it looks is a bit of a key me thinks.. its the only real objective close to the front.. the Allies have to make major in roads to get to the other objectives - although they do get points for killing Jerry.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Noakesy » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:24 pm

Oh lordy, I sent my turn off to my opponent yesterday. I can't recall precise numbers but I'd be surprised if I killed off 6 complete axis units in total. I was warned that as a new person to PBEM I'd get my butt kicked, but it sure makes a change to playing against the AI. :)
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jpalacios35 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:36 pm

I killed 15 units in my initial two turns (2 PzGr regiments included). 452 VPs collected.

But still I have a long way to go. No key objectives captured yet.
jpalacios35
Captain
Captain

Postby Bertram » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:53 pm

As German I have my units killed for me :).
My opponent didn't start out to rough, and I got 4 or 5 of my units killed. He also got a few bad rolls on a low odds attack, resulting in some step losses (A2, Yay!!).

I dropped back some, to "shorten the lines". Could not resist counter attacking east of Caen, even though I *know* staying defensive is better. It paid of in the short term by getting about 6 steps of British and a recon unit, against just one step loss for the Germans. If it pays in the long time... we will see.

Major pain is of course the air force. Half of my force is already "grey", even without doing anything. This is going to hurt in a few turns...
Bertram

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bertram
Captain
Captain

Postby Joe » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:18 pm

Robjess wrote:the Allies really need to kick some serious butt to have any chance of a win. ………Caen it looks is a bit of a key me thinks..

All very true

jpalacios35 wrote:I killed 15 units in my initial two turns (2 PzGr regiments included). 452 VPs collected.

Well done. You’r on your way

-
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Joel137 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:37 pm

ARghhh!, with killing only 5-6 units I'm running behind apparently; some miserable die rolls on overruns saved at least 3-4 units of my opponent, and he executed a very competent retreat on turn one, preventing losses on turn 2.

It looks like a tough row to hoe.
Joel137
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Manny » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:45 am

I got some really miserable die rolls in the centre which knocked my attack right off-track ... got the breakthrough I wanted but it took something like 3-4 assaults :roll:

I have 4 breakthroughs in progress and am hoping the Germans have insufficient reserves to plug those gaps so I can just keep pushing him back all the way to Gay Paris :wink:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

My BiN Profile
"Modesty is not a virtue; it is useful only as a curb for youthful indescretion" - The Ethics of Aristotle

Games in progress

Manny
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Battles in Normandy Play By Email (PBEM)