BIN Breakout Tournament

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game of Battles in Normandy?

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Robjess » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:53 pm

All first round brackets are always done on a random basis.. I didnt even notice that you had drawn Pterrok in both tournaments.

For the KP Tournament I randomly entered number I think it was 4 or 5 digits for each player - and trust me they were random as I typed them out pretty damn quickly as I moved down the columns. I then resorted the players lists in excel based upon these numbers - thats how I got the draws.

For BIN - I used another method - also random - that I have never used before - that was that the rankings were based upon the order that people registered.

Sorry to say it was just coincidental that you got Pterrok - dont worry he is a push over anyway :)
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby pterrok » Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:21 am

Well, I'm Allies here, so it plays into my strength of attack, attack, ATTACK! :lol:

Sorceror, I've never played this one against a human and never all the way through vs the AI, either. Though that was because all the Axis forces were clearly on the way to being utterly annihilated!

Scared yet? :lol:

OTOH, you get to be the attacking Allies in the Steve Ford Campaign which I've also never played. I feel the regular 48 turn Campaign is pretty balanced, so I DID glance at Steve's version last night to try and see how different it was--I couldn't tell how it's going to play out since there are a bunch of changes. It'll be a learning experience for me.

I still think you have to be a good attacker to make it balanced, though. So in these tournies you get one chance on offense and one on defense...

PS--and all those medals you see I have don't mean a thing--I've only gotten out of the first round in two tournies. (Hoping to double that number soon, though! :twisted: )
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Postby sorcerer » Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:53 am

Its easy to annihilate the AI when they control Axis forces. So I am not scared at all :lol:

And the Steve Ford Campaign should play much like the KP retail one. which is one of my favourite scenarios. Also its where I had my first PBEM game and got a few lessons in this scenario..(you know who are you are :wink: )

Anyway..I've sent the first Steve Ford tourney turn to you..with standard opening and two units destroyed :twisted: Scared?
Last edited by sorcerer on Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
sorcerer
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby pterrok » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:44 am

Well, I do play at Computer++, so it should be easier to mess up your supplies than the computers...but yeah, I'm interested to see how well a human can do!

As for the KP game, I know which two units I would have killed--it's easier to do in this version than the regular one--so while I'm not scared, I'm slightly bummed. (If it turns out you killed what I think, that is, but I'll know when I get home!)

Oh heck! I just looked at the ladder standings and you're BETTER than me! :( So maybe I AM starting to get a little scared...be gentle with me! :wink:
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Postby sorcerer » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:41 am

They are probably the ones that you think they are. Slightly bummed yes, as you've realised I will be a competent opponent for the first round.

IMO as the Axis you can usually tell alot about your opponents skill level from the Russian first turn. Im not saying im great as it may have appeared before this edit, just that I do know my way around this scenario.

Yes I will admit I've shot up the ladder in only 4 months, as I've been playing pretty intensive amounts of PBEMs, sometimes as many as 14 at the same time. :twisted:

Look forward to a good game.. :P
Image Image Image Image Image Image
sorcerer
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Robjess » Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:52 am

Right all Round 1 Tournament games have been created and issued to the Allied players - if you are an Allied player and you havent received your game file then please PM or email me.

All went well except for one minor hitch.. Manny check your emails carefully - I incorrectly set your game up.. so you should have two files.. your correct opponent should be Kingpin.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Cpt. Feathersword » Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:54 am

Whoa, major problem, I opened my file and every single one of my units is isolated (in the red), apparently my supply dumps are not working, anybody else having this problem?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Cpt. Feathersword
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Robjess » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:32 am

What? I just started a quick game and the supply system looks ok to me. Lets wait to see if anyone else has this problem.. if not I will set up a new game for you..
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby jpalacios35 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:10 am

Hi,

I got exactly the same problem as Cpt. Feathersword. All my units are in red and cannot move or attack with any single unit.
jpalacios35
Captain
Captain

Postby Robjess » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:54 am

Right.. ok I better look into this then.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Joe » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:58 pm

Me too allied troops no supply

Note that I am playing this by email separate fromn the tournament and it runs OK
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Robjess » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:13 pm

Yeah it appears that something went amiss when I set up the Tournament files.. I have asked Roger to have a look at it for me. So all players please sit tight :)
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Robjess » Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:17 pm

Guys Roger and I have been looking at the problems with the Tournament file. It appears that somehow the master file that I used to set the Tournament files up with was corrupt.

I am now in process of creating a new setup Tournament file and will shortly - after Roger has given it a quick once over - re-issue new Tournament Files. So all Allied players can delete that email with the first Tournament game attached to it.. its not need you will get a new one shortly.
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

One Hell of an Uphill Fight

Postby OConnor » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:42 am

Whew, Glad I checked into the Run5 site! Thought for a second that a pretty serious effort at handicapping the Allies was being employed :shock: My second thought is that Rob just pulled off a pretty good April Fool's joke on the Allied players! I admit you got me - My jaw dropped as I said "What the f$^&??!!..
The more corrupt the State, the more numerous the Laws - Tacitus
[img]http://ssg.com.au/forums/images/Medals/TAO.g
if[/img]
OConnor
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby pterrok » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:41 am

Yeah, well all my Allies were red, but I also cleverly checked the Axis and they were all red, too! Oh if only my guys had some bullets, the Axis may have come back into supply on his turn 1 and he would never have known what hit him! :lol: (I guess the replay was on, though, wasn't it. Sigh--so much for wanting to cheat!)
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Battles in Normandy Play By Email (PBEM)