Hitting the beaches on Win 7

Discussion relating to Battles in Normandy

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Hitting the beaches on Win 7

Postby Lipa » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:37 am

I know that it's been silent around, but I wonder if somebody might help me out?

I'd like to run through some of the SSG's greatest games again, beginning with BiN. However, I have a couple of video problems. I'm running Windows 7 on a wide-screen laptop.

First, if I select the highest resolution in the game settings, the game crashes. Any ideas how to fix that?

Second (and this is a general IT question), is there a way to force a program to run with the correct aspect ratio even on wide displays? Because in my case the game is stretched over the entire display, which makes everything pretty ugly. I did try to find any display settings in Control panel and my Nvidia settings panel, with no success. Any ideas?

And third - another general question - do you guys know any good "windower" software that would allow these old games to run in a window?

Of course, any other ideas and suggestions about running SSG games on newer platforms would be greatly appreciated! It would be a shame to give them up just yet.

Thanks!
Lipa
Private
Private

Return to Battles in Normandy Public Discussion