OTP Abwehr vs Noakesy

Discussion relating to Battles in Normandy

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Amgot » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:21 pm

Good to have some news! I'll be busy in the next few weeks, so I won't be able to update my AAR as often as I'd like to. I'll be content with reading yours in the meantime. ;)
Amgot
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Abwehr » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:15 am

I should be able to post the other turns in the next few days.

As a summary of what the situation looks like around turn 30:

My losses are still fairly limited. I lost Panzer Lehr's Panzer regiment due to a mix of unanticipated retreat rules and stacking limits, but together with Von der Heydte's men, that's the only regular/elite 4 step unit I've lost thus far.

Commonwealth forces have suffered quite heavy unit losses: 22 combat units thus far, including seven 4 step brigades and three 3 step tank brigades.

Noakesy has pulled back across the Orne. There's a 2 step MG battalion in Cabourg that will die in the next couple of turns.

Even with the concentrated force of all the SS and Heer mobile units, I'm not going to try to throw him back into the sea. His naval artillery is way too good for that. The Allies actually benefit from creating stacks that require double dice odds, as it also gives me another -3 artillery shift when I'm attacking, for a total of -6. Obviously, I'm not going to try and push back his stacks with such a penalty.

Noakesy's landing in Cherbourg wrecked supply in the Cotentin peninsula so I'm REALLY happy that I could escape from that mess in an orderly fashion, losing three 2 step units, a 4 step substandard unit and some support units.

The Americans are grinding their way forwards, but there are plenty of reserves now due to both the successful escape from the Cotentin peninsula and the Commonwealth threat having been reduced substantially on my eastern flank. American unit losses are thus far limited to five 2 step unit losses and the airborne regiment that died during the turn 1 drop.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby YappyRaccoon » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:40 am

Okay I read this but wait for ending. I know from experience that clever Naokesy finds undefended gaps to create disasters.
YappyRaccoon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Battles in Normandy Public Discussion