TAO4

Discussion relating to Battles in Normandy

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

TAO4

Postby EassyEd » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:01 am

Hey All,

I have BIN and see here that there is a TAO4(?) for it. How do I find it? It isn't in the game and I don't see it at the scenarios site at SSG.

TIA! -Ed-
EassyEd
Private
Private

Postby Carl Myers » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:21 am

The Ardennes Offensive battle that is part of BiN is considered to be the fourth version of TAO.
Carl Myers
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Joe » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:13 pm

It is included in the game.

There is one set of menus for the various normandy scenarios and another "set of menus" for the Ardennes battle.

They are in separate folders.

-
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Postby EassyEd » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:30 pm

Hey All,

I did some "exploring" and saw the subfolder - Now I just have to figure out how to access it.

Will give it a try.

Thanks! -Ed-
EassyEd
Private
Private

Postby Joe » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:43 pm

EassyEd wrote:Hey All,
Now I just have to figure out how to access it.

You start the Normandy and the Ardenned the scenarios in the same way. However.....

Think of the menus like the old Microsoft DOS.

You need to go backwards "up the tree" and then go forwards "down the tree" to access 2 separate folders.

-
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Postby EassyEd » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:14 pm

Hey All,

Thanks Guys! I got it.

Only wish there were all the old TAO2 scenarios included. I loved playing that game and actually still do (especially the breakout scenarion) on our old P3 Win98 computer that occasionally gets use. From what I hear - although I haven't tried it - it doesn't work in XP. And forget vista I think. To be honest I thought it really smart to put that out as freeware - I bought BIN because of it and I'll virtually for certain buy Kharkov as well. These games are costly enough that it's hard to justify every one - but I'd buy Kharkov in a heartbeat if the winter war scenario gets done since I'm of Finnish heritage.

-Ed-
EassyEd
Private
Private

Postby Noakesy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:58 pm

I think (not 100% sure) that some of those scenarios were included in the TAO5 version which came with BiI. However, I'm not certain, so might be worth checking (weren't they in the TAO5 tourny?)

I must admit the more I play Kharkov the more I like it. Struggled with the distances units could travel, and the massacres you get on regular occasions (it was often difficult to wipe out a unit in DBWWII, but Kharkov it's relatively simple if your opponent gives you a chance). I saw the stuff re the Winter War on the matrix forum, but then it all went a bit quiet, so not sure if that's still being developed or not.
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Battles in Normandy Public Discussion