Battles in Normandy Exclusive!

Discussion relating to Battles in Normandy

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby pterrok » Sat May 22, 2004 12:19 am

robjess wrote:Dont forget also that one of the things you mention is already in the game.. and thats the leadership bonus shift that can be allocated in combat.

Hmmm, I finally did a search and can't find this mentioned in the forums OR on the SSG site...so thanks for the info!

Also, thanks to SSG for putting the Nationality icon on the objectives overlay! (If I'm seeing that right in the TAO AAR, that is...)
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Robjess » Tue May 25, 2004 8:12 pm

One of the new features in BiN which really is a time saver for PBEM games, is the ability to create Profiles for each of your PBEM buddies. No longer do u need to remember someones email address. Simply create a profile for them and store it in BiN. Then when you want to play a game against them you just need to select them from your Profile list and it will use their stored email address to use in the game!
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Twinkle » Tue May 25, 2004 9:05 pm

Quite handy, you can in addition to making profiles, send your own profile (as well as others that you have) to your opponent who places it in his/her profile folder. This makes it easier for the player who is starting a scenario.

Regards
/twinkle
Twinkle
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby michl » Fri May 28, 2004 4:35 am

excellent improvement!

thumbs up :!:

Michl
Image Image ImageImageImageImageImage
michl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Robjess » Fri May 28, 2004 4:56 pm

And not to mention that that in BIN it is now player 2 who sets up the PBEM game - this way player 1 cant keep restarting if they have a bad first turn..
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby michl » Fri May 28, 2004 5:41 pm

... that's what I wanted to hear!

:lol:
Michl
Image Image ImageImageImageImageImage
michl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

BiN Scale

Postby Mark Sterner » Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:58 am

Just wanted to post to clarify an apparent mistake posted above concerning BiN's scale when I asked about it.

Having followed the BiN AAR so far (very entertaining I might add! :D ), it appears BiN uses a 1 turn = 1 day scale as per AtD (turn 5 is June 10), and not the 1/2-day scale of TAO and KP.

Confess I still don't understand the deviation's rationale, but this info still should be prominently displayed somewhere in the game's description. Nearly every wargame I know of reports its various scales in a straighforward manner. Why would a hex-based, turn-based wargame be any different?
Mark Sterner
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Lee Elmendorf » Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:29 am

Yes, that screen shot in the AAR pretty well nails it at 1 day/turn.

I have a question. At the official site it says there are two campaign games. D-Day to Cobra and Cobra to Falaise. Is there also one that covers that entire period?
ImageImage Image
Lee Elmendorf
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Joe » Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:15 am

When I begin a PBEM game, I am always careful how I name the game.

If you never name the game then the default names are the same. If you are playing multiple PBEM games they all have the same name!
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Roger Keating » Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:15 am

At the moment there is no plan to have a complete scenario covering 72 apporx. turns.

It would be a very hard scenario to balance and play. This could be something that comes out through Run5 to those who really want it, mainly as a two player PBEM scenario.
Roger Keating
SSG

Postby Lee Elmendorf » Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:19 am

OK, thanks Roger. I guess 72 turns would be too much of a good thing for some.
ImageImage Image
Lee Elmendorf
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

In Memoriam ... and a Question

Postby Space§man » Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:43 am

Hi guys

I find it very moving to see the testimony of the veterans and that they turn up in all weathers despite their circumstances to take part in the ceremonies. Just to pause for a second and honour the memory of all those who took died in this battle 60 years ago, on all sides...

Rest in Peace

So, now to my question, 6th June has come and gone, and no game. Any news? I am eager to get thrashed.

Hey Rob, can we have a tournament on release, sort of first look, before people get familiar with tactics and strategies?

Cheers - be well

Alan
Space§man

Postby Joe » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:57 am

TAO2 was 64 turns long and a great game. The Germans attack for most of the first half and the allies begin the counter attack in the second half.

But I recall the most popular scenario is 32 turns long. Now reproduced as TAO3 and soon TAO4
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Brubaker » Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:06 pm

Joe wrote:But I recall the most popular scenario is 32 turns long. Now reproduced as TAO3 and soon TAO4

And a stunning TAO4 as well...
Brubaker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Robjess » Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:33 pm

We (run5) probably will release a 72 turn PBEM version of BIN.. In fact I think Brubaker mentioned privately that he was keen to make it :lol:

A BIN Tournament when it is released? Sure.. the difficulty is working out the right time to start the Tournament.. we could seek to open registrations when the game is released (soon soon soon!) and then commence the Tournament when the first 32 people who purchase it register. There you go.. there is an incentive to buy.. buy now so you can play in the Tournament :)
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Battles in Normandy Public Discussion