Patton - Master of Battle

Discussion relating to Battles in Normandy

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby JSS » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:30 pm

Sgt. Pepper wrote:
I like the idea of every third turn being a night turn, but the air interdiction is off a bit. The U.S. player can't lay down an air interdiction during his night turn, which sounds right until you realize that his interdiction affects the Russian AM day turn -- meaning that the U.S. player can interdict Russian movement at night but not during the Russian AM turn. :shock:

Hmmm, don't recall seeing this before. Not sure why this is happening (US gets interdiction every turn)...

Also, the three eastern-most hexes of Pilsen give lots of VPs to the Russian, but the Russian player can automatically capture them on turn 1 before the U.S. player can do anything....

Taking them will alert 6 AD... might not be worth the VPs!

...Also several hexes of Pilsen, including the center hex are "town" rather than "urban," making them less defensible than they appear. :(

Finally, some U.S. cav squadrons can travel by train, but other identical cav units can only take trucks.

Will add these to list of things to review (i.e. maybe update list).

Thanks for the feedback. Keep it coming if you notice anything else!
JSS
Site Admin

Postby Sgt. Pepper » Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:06 am

JSS wrote:
Sgt. Pepper wrote:
I like the idea of every third turn being a night turn, but the air interdiction is off a bit. The U.S. player can't lay down an air interdiction during his night turn, which sounds right until you realize that his interdiction affects the Russian AM day turn -- meaning that the U.S. player can interdict Russian movement at night but not during the Russian AM turn. :shock:

Hmmm, don't recall seeing this before. Not sure why this is happening (US gets interdiction every turn)...

I just re-checked this & maybe the airpower is dropping off at night because of the weather. It just so happens that in our game almost every night turn is cloudy or storm.
Sgt. Pepper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby JSS » Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:42 am

Sgt. Pepper wrote:
I just re-checked this & maybe the airpower is dropping off at night because of the weather. It just so happens that in our game almost every night turn is cloudy or storm.

Have seen this regularly since you mentioned it. Looks like a subtle bug to me. Have sent what I suspect is happening to SSG.

The background settings are 50% chance of US getting nighttime interdiction. Starts small like 1 or 2 interdictions on turns 1-6 and then rapidly rises to 3-4 every turn. The chance of getting a Storm during the night turns was set to 25% (represents adverse weather rain/fog)... this may have a factor in why you're not getting any interdictions.
JSS
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Battles in Normandy Public Discussion