Patton - Master of Battle

Discussion relating to Battles in Normandy

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Postby Unactuality » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:53 am

11 Armored and 6 Armored don't receive divisional integrity bonuses - I'm guessing because they haven't been assigned an integrity range.

An American army supply unit in the northwest area of the map is named "Lucky Foward". Typo for Forward?

I've only played the first few turns... will post if I see anything else. Hope this helps.

Edit: Oh yeah...

It's Leibstandarte and not Liebstandarte.

I don't think Patton would have had a German love-guard, as touching as the idea does sound :D

Further... the German division with the iron fist emblem was named after the medieval hero Gotz (Goetz, there's an umlaut in there) von Berlichingen. It's also misspelled.

Hope I don't seem like I'm nitpicking - the scenario is great fun, and I definitely appreciate all the work that has gone into it.
Last edited by Unactuality on Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unactuality
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Kardon » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:18 am

JSS wrote:There is a shock setting and an anti-shock setting.

Its a right click pull down menu... where you settings like +4 Tank its the same for all steps... where you see settings like +4 variable the shock value changes with the number of steps.

Is there a way to set the values independently for each step? Say reduce it after two step losses, but not one?
ImageImageImageImage
Kardon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby JSS » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:24 pm

Kardon wrote:
JSS wrote:There is a shock setting and an anti-shock setting.

Its a right click pull down menu... where you settings like +4 Tank its the same for all steps... where you see settings like +4 variable the shock value changes with the number of steps.

Is there a way to set the values independently for each step? Say reduce it after two step losses, but not one?

No, settings by step are either all the same (set value) or have a linear decrease (variable shock value).
JSS
Site Admin

Postby JSS » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:05 pm

Unactuality wrote:
I don't think Patton would have had a German love-guard, as touching as the idea does sound :D

Hope I don't seem like I'm nitpicking - the scenario is great fun, and I definitely appreciate all the work that has gone into it.

These are all great catches, especially the division integrity radius. Keep 'em coming!

Have always translated leibstandarte as "body standard" or "body colors" meaning: special bodyguard. Is there a deeper meaning?
JSS
Site Admin

Postby Teven_Hangue » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:12 pm

Had a quick look at the OOB for both sides & was wondering why the combat engineer units have such a low shock value?

Also, I think it would be good to be able to see both the unit nick-name and number (if possible - might not have enough space).

Looks like a cool scenario. Good job.
Teven_Hangue
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Kardon » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:22 pm

JSS wrote:No, settings by step are either all the same (set value) or have a linear decrease (variable shock value).

Hmm, in KP at least the designer has units which change shock but no one every step. Maybe we can get SSG to put that option in (hint hint).
ImageImageImageImage
Kardon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby CESteman » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:03 pm

yes JSS the russian bribde units cannot build bridges! Is this correct for the scenario?
Christian
Image ImageImageImage
CESteman
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby JSS » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:48 pm

CESteman wrote:yes JSS the russian bribde units cannot build bridges! Is this correct for the scenario?
Christian

They will be able to throw pontoons across rivers when v1.01 is released this weekend. :twisted:
JSS
Site Admin

Postby CESteman » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:20 am

Sweet... Didn't know if you saw it or not. What about some units being able to leave detachments etc on both sides? Maybe posting a list of errors you've found so far for everyone to see plus what's in the posts above? I'm playing both sides right now and it's pretty intense! Later!
Christian
Image ImageImageImage
CESteman
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby JSS » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:33 am

CESteman wrote:Sweet... Didn't know if you saw it or not. What about some units being able to leave detachments etc on both sides? Maybe posting a list of errors you've found so far for everyone to see plus what's in the posts above? I'm playing both sides right now and it's pretty intense! Later!
Christian

Here's the main updates:

1. Fixed 11 AD shock values
2. Fixed Russian Bridging Engineers
3. Fixed Div Int Ranges for US ADs & Abn Divs
4. Updated US AD shock values
5. Updated US/German Divisional names
6. Corrected Third Army & 5 AD unit designations
JSS
Site Admin

Postby CESteman » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:24 am

What about detachments? What that left out on purpose? I also noticed when I played as the Allies that the Russians can place interdiction over my reinforcement hexes at the start of the game but if you go in and play as the Russian you can not place them in the same place. Have you noticed this? I found this strange.
Christian
Image ImageImageImage
CESteman
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby JSS » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:46 pm

CESteman wrote:What about detachments? What that left out on purpose? I also noticed when I played as the Allies that the Russians can place interdiction over my reinforcement hexes at the start of the game but if you go in and play as the Russian you can not place them in the same place. Have you noticed this? I found this strange.
Christian

Detachments are included and appear to be working properly. Units with a large (BN+) dismounted infantry element were allow to detach (infantry and recon units). CCA/CCB of 2d & 3d US AD have a mechanized infantry battalion so they can detach. Other US CCA/CCB have an infantry company so they do not detach. Engineer units are not allowed to detach.

Entrenchment follows a similar rule. If the unit has an infantry/dismount company size element (or larger) it can entrench. Russian Tank Brigades do entrench.

Interdiction difference has to do with location of front line. The AI is probably dropping the Airborne Divisions deep. The Russians can interdict 12 hexes (speznatz) and 20 hexes (air) from the edge of the airborne drops.
JSS
Site Admin

Postby CESteman » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:51 pm

Ok I never thought of that! Much explained about the interdiction. As for the detachments There are some Guard Armor Division that can not entrench which I thought odd. Same went for some infantry units being able to take replacements etc. I'm talking about regular units not elite or unusual units. Let me play some more and I will write down specific unit names etc and then post which ones I am talking about. Later!
Christian
Image ImageImageImage
CESteman
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby JSS » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:28 pm

CESteman wrote: There are some Guard Armor Division that can not entrench which I thought odd.

These are tank only formations.

Same went for some infantry units being able to take replacements etc. I'm talking about regular units not elite or unusual units.

Airborne, heavy tank, and engineer units only get their timed replacements. The normal Russian infantry units also have to rebuild using their timed replacements.
JSS
Site Admin

Postby Bertram » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:46 pm

The scenario looks good. I seem to have fought a battle much like this in TOAW (2 I think), can that be correct?
Bertram

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bertram
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Battles in Normandy Public Discussion