Newbie question

Discussion relating to Battles in Normandy

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

Newbie question

Postby lawhagan@comcast.net » Sun May 24, 2015 8:46 am

When I use the combat advisor and it tells me to move a unit to a particular location there is a number superimposed on that location. What is the number telling me?
lawhagan@comcast.net
New Recruit

Re: Newbie question

Postby Chris Merchant » Sun May 24, 2015 8:50 am

if what you're seeing is a number in a green circle where the unit will end its movement, the number represents how many movement points the unit has remaining if it moves to that hex.
Chris Merchant
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Newbie question

Postby Abwehr » Wed May 27, 2015 4:18 am

As to the combat advisor itself: keep in mind that it only takes the options that are currently available into account and doesn't necessarily include divisional integrity bonuses.

If there are a few non-combat units or weak combat units next to an enemy unit, moving them away first might dramatically increase the odds as it allows you to move more combat units in. It might also allow you to get a tactical shift that you wouldn't get otherwise due to there being too many adjacent enemy steps, which you can now nullify due to being able to move more units in.

Particularly for adjacent enemy steps, it helps to do the calculations yourself as the combat advisor also only counts units that can move there through normal movement and attack, whereas you can match the adjacent enemy steps with units using extended movement as well.
Abwehr
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Battles in Normandy Public Discussion