|MacArthur - Master of Battle|
AI or PBEM: PBEM
Spring 1945: This scenario is a 32 turn campaign for SSG’s Battles
in Normandy. It covers a hypothetical island invasion by the Amphibious
Eighth US Army as an island hopping step in preparation for the invasion
of the main
1. Overview: Two US Corps (4 Infantry Divisions, 2 Marine Corps Divisions,
and an Airborne Division with 2 alert Infantry Divisions) invade an island
held by 2 Japanese Infantry Divisions reinforced by 8 separate infantry
regiments. US Army Air Force maintains near total air supremacy throughout
the battle from off
2. Key Objectives:
There are three main objectives:
- #1) an airfield capable of launching heavy bombers against main Japanese Islands.
- #2) two mountains which dominate the island… control of these are necessary to use the airfield.
3. Invasion Beaches: There are 10 possible landing sites.
- The five closest beaches are capable of receiving supply on turn 2
(supply dump activates). They are also far from the airfield and the Northern
- The seven landing sites that can activate a supply dump are all heavily defended by the Japanese. The three without supply are lightly defended.
3. Key Settings:
- Turn length: 12 hours
4. Other notes:
- AI is included but it is only designed for familiarization (it will not challenge an experienced player).
- Arrival hex information is hidden from both players.
- Japanese unit data is not historical, nor is the island intended to represent an actual battle.
- Several US infantry divisions include their 1942 roundout regiment
Download the scenario file from the Run5 Scenario area. Double click on the MacArthur-Bin.exe file and follow the automated installer.
Start Battles in Normandy up and you should see the Pacific Island scenario in the MacArthur battle folder.
This scenario/battle may be downloaded for FREE from the Run5 Scenario area.
This scenario may be circulated freely in its current form as long as it is not changed or amended. If you do use this scenario to create another variant scenario - please be sure to send Run5 a copy also - so we can play it too :)
Good luck, I value any feedback - especially in relation to discrepancies, design flaws, or play balance.