1.02 (April 2006) for
Tutorial (March 2007) for BF
Turns: 50 for BII
5 for BF tutorial
AI or PBEM: PBEM or Limited AI (BII)
Download Island Campaign for BII
Download Battlefront Tutorial for BF
BII Version Design notes:
Here are the design notes
1. This scenario is designed for PBEM… AI capability is in place… Axis AI order is included. The Allied AI order is to be published (TBP).
2. A 50 turn full campaign and a 21 turn starter campaign are included.
3. Either side will surrender if key cities are lost (two regional capitals and national capital).
4. Allied side is better situated for invading… Axis side is better situated for defending.
Version 1.01 Notes (16 Feb 06)
This update fixes a map
display problem. It should also fix a problem where
1. Download the ~12 meg self-extracting EXE from the Run5 link above. Double click on the tutorial.exe and the installer will target the install to C:\Matrix Games\Battlefront\scenarios\Island Campaign\
2. Start up Battlefront and you should see the Island Campaign Battle in the main battle selection window. Select the tutorial scenario as the main campaign is not playable at this time.
This scenario/battle may be downloaded for FREE from the Run5 Scenario area.
This scenario/battle may be circulated freely in its current form as long as it is not changed or amended. Additional scenarios or variations based upon this battle are encouraged, so long as Rob Gjessing/JSS/Run5 are credited with the initial work. If you do use this battle for any variants/scenarios - please be sure to send Run5 a copy also - so we can play it too :)
Good luck, I value any feedback - especially in relation to discrepancies, design flaws, or play balance.